having an offspring who makes sound has been a very curious event in my life. Unexpected sound-spaces and what do I do with these. I have been trying to finish a longer work … a story piece and this was an initial attempt. I sort of like it.
I have been working with my son Andrew (nanocannon) Hlynsky toward the goal of using sound to automate attributes in Maya. Here is an initial result. The loop is repeated 12 times.
1. sound loops (tracks) are brought into after effects
2. Audio Keyframes are generated and adjusted to the proper range.
4. Paste into Excel
5. Add the rest of the script for each frame (fill down)
6. Select and Copy
7. make certain Properties are set to the correct frame rate – After Effect and Maya should be the same. Then turn on auto keyframe and set a key for the target attribute
8. open script editor and paste
9. run the script